Transcript of the Treasurer's budget night speech.
- Budget Overview - An overview of key budget aggregates and the Government's Budget priorities
- Families Package - Supporting Australian families by making child care simpler, more affordable, accessible and flexible.
- Protecting Australia - Keeping Australia and Australians safe with greater investment in national security and our defence forces.
- Growing Jobs and Small Business - A $5.5 billion package to help make Australia one of the best places to start and grow a small business.
- Fairness in Tax and Benefits - Strengthening our systems to ensure that they are fair and sustainable.
Glossary of Budget terms
This glossary explains some of the terms and abbreviations used in the Budget.
Portfolio Budget Statements
The Portfolio Budget Statements provide detailed information on the resources available and the planned performance of each Australian Government agency for 2015-16.
The Partnership for Regional Growth 2015-16 is a statement by the Minister and Assistant Minister for Infrastructure and Regional Development containing new and existing Budget measures across all portfolios of this Government that will assist regional communities.
Mid-Year Economic & Fiscal Outlook
The Mid-Year Economic & Fiscal Outlook for the 2015‑16 financial year was released on Tuesday 15 December 2015.
Portfolio Additional Estimates Statements
The Portfolio Additional Estimates Statements for the 2015‑16 financial year was released on Thursday 4 February 2016, where relevant.
Final Budget Outcome
The Final Budget Outcome for the 2015-16 financial year was released on Friday 30 September 2016.